ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2010
One to Four Family Residences:
· All types, and they must be owner-occupied.
· One to four family residential homes, which have been completed for at least one year.
· Homes that have been demolished or razed as part of the rehabilitation process are eligible as long as
the existing foundation system remains intact.
· Any property that the buyer wishes to convert. (ie.. a single family property into a two to four family
property, or a two to four family property into a single family property, etc.)
· All improvements are required to be inside the property.
· Must be owner-occupied.
· All improvements are required to be made to residential portion only.
· Must be owner-occupied.
· All properties must be at least one year old
· New construction is not eligible
· Commercial properties are not eligible
· Required $5,000 minimum renovation cost
ELIGIBLE STRUCTURAL ALTERATION & RECONSTRUCTION:
The following items have been designated by HUD as eligible structural alterations and reconstruction for
use of a 203(k) loan. Since each house and its conditions vary, your project may not require each exhibit
listed below. You should indicate to your Consultant the scope of what you wish your project to entail and
allow the Consultant to advise you as to the exhibits that your specific project will require.
Here are some things you can do, remember... all repairs are allowed, and not limited to the list below!
1. Attic build-outs
3. Bathroom remodeling
4. Kitchen remodeling
6. Foundation repairs
7. Handicap accessibility repairs
8. Siding replacement
10. Roof replacement
14. Exterior painting
15. Interior painting
18. Window and door repairs or replacement
19. Mold remediation
20. Sheetrock replacement or repairs
21. Wood/metal framing
22. Trimwork of all types
24. Closet repairs
25. All types of flooring: wood, tile, laminate, etc…
26. Plumbing repairs and fixtures
27. Electrical rewiring and repairs
28. HVAC systems
30. Bath and kitchen cabinetry
31. Basement finishing or repairs such as waterproofing
Considering going GREEN? FHA supports this completely!
1. Active and passive solar upgrades
2. Spray foam insulation at walls, ceilings and roofs
3. Tankless waterheaters
4. Bamboo flooring
5. Low VOC paints
6. Cement siding
7. High efficiency HVAC upgrades
8. Low-flow plumbing fixtures
9. EnergyStar appliances
... and SO MUCH MORE!
· Owner Occupants - Purchase - Refinance
· Non- Profits
· Investors NOT allowed
NOTE: Required $5,000.00 minimum in Repairs
|Need design work or
drawings for permitting?
|400 Lawrence Street Marietta GA 30060
|Looking for a Georgia 203(k) Consultant? Call Chris- all FHA packages are turned over next day,
are completed on FHA approved software, and turned in as PDF's for rapid submittal. I serve all of
Metro Atlanta and many rural areas across Georgia.
HUD Approved 203(k) Consultant, GA FHA Compliance Inspector